Regions affected: All WVU campusesService(s) affected: WVU+kc (Kuali Coeus)
Describe end-user Impact: The
electronic research administration tool WVU+kc will be unavailable from 10
a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 30.
Reason for/nature of maintenance: New enhancements and bug fixes
End-user benefits/impact of maintenance:
The main purpose of this release was to increase system performance for the IRB Protocol module. Users should expect to experience a noticeable improvement in the time it takes to search for protocols and when navigating from tab to tab within a protocol.
- New searching functionality provides a simple, advanced, or admin search to find IRB protocols. For tips on using new IRB protocol searches, see New IRB Protocol Searches in WVU+kc.
- College unit numbers can no longer be manually entered in the lead unit/department field. Only department or center unit numbers should be entered as lead unit/departments.
- Bug Fixes:
- Automatic notifications for expiring IRB protocols and inactive protocols will start being sent again. These system-generated notification stopped being sent on February 20 due to a database upgrade.
- Permissions are now editable on active protocols.
- Updated initial approval dates of amendments/renewals to be consistent with the initial approval date of the base protocol.
- Total Period Initial Start/Initial End date will be required fields on the Budget page.
- Attachment description will now display in the header for uploaded attachments along with attachment type and status (example: Other-Year 4 CEES project budget-Complete).
- Amendment/renewal protocol summary page now displays status of base protocol and the amendment/renewal revision number.
- Users should see a noticeable improvement in the time it takes to upload attachments.
- Bug fixes:
- Dean-level approvers will start receiving email notifications when a PI resubmits a proposal that has been sent back for revisions.
- Modified search results to show links to the next pages at the bottom of the results, eliminating the need to scroll to top of search results to go to next page.
- New Group Activity by Award report implemented. For instructions on how to create a group and run this report, see Group Reporting Functionality.
- Updated Awards by PI report to fix bug that was resulting in an investigator’s name being shown twice on the report, once as first name, last name and once as first name, middle name, last name.
Start time and duration of outage: Work will begin at 10 a.m. and end at 1 p.m.Who will update ITS when complete: Ardell Moree
Maintenance team/owner: Research application team working
with research database team.
Also,There are still some seats available in the WVU+kc new user interface focus group sessions. Sign up here.