The new PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 30, 2017. In addition to the significant change mentioned above, other revisions include:
- Addition of new sections on Special Processing Instructions and Types of Proposals, including two new types, RAISE and GOALI;
- Additional instructions for proposers on completion of the Collaborators and Other Affiliations information;
- Supplemental guidance on submission of proposals by organizations impacted by a natural or anthropogenic disaster;
- Implementation of 45 CFR 690.118 for applications and proposals lacking definite plans for involvement of human subjects;
- Update on the type of information that NSF may request from proposers with regard to Federal environmental statutes;
- Supplemental information regarding treatment of NSF awards with canceled appropriations; and
- Numerous other changes and clarifications throughout the document.
Webinars to brief the community on the new PAPPG will be held on November 7th and January 19th at 1 PM EST. Registration is required on the outreach events website.
While this version of the PAPPG becomes effective on January 30, 2017, in the interim, the guidelines contained in the current PAPPG (NSF 16-1) continue to apply. We will ensure that the current version of the PAPPG remains on the NSF website, with a notation to proposers that specifies when the new PAPPG (including a link to the new Guide) will become effective.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact the Policy Office on (703) 292-8243 or by e-mail to email@example.com.